Are you a woodworker, luthier, carpenter, or hobbyist looking for the perfect wood to work with? Do you want to find an exotic type of wood that is hardy and has color variations from heartwood to sapwood? Well, look no further than Cherry wood. Now let’s discuss about Cherry
Black Cherry, Wild Black Cherry
Eastern North America
950 lbf (4230 N)
What is Cherry
Cherry is one of the most supreme hardwoods from North American Forests, with excellent finishing qualities and warm color tones.
Cherry wood color tends light chromatic brown to medium reddish brown during exposure to sunlight.
Expect frizzly interlocked grain parts of the Cherry wood, it is fairly simple to work with machines and tools. Cherry wood has a fine, even texture with a moderate natural luster with straight grains.
Cherry wood has a light, distinctive scent while once being worked.
Common Uses: Cherry wood is commonly used for cabinetry, furniture, veneer, flooring, and interior hardwood.
What is Cherry wood used for
- Being highly durable and strong makes Cherry wood, the brightest choice for Furniture and cabinets. Cherrywood is one of the most sought-after hardwood species due to its unique visual appeal.
Have a look at these Cherry lumbers
- A hardwood floor without any scratches and dents is an ideal piece, cherry wood flooring is more like that. This makes Cherry wood great for building chairs, tables, cabinets, dressers, and much more; while its deep richness adds warmth to any room in your home.
- In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, cherry wood is also rot-resistant making it great for outdoor items like decks, fences, or garden boxes.
- The durable Cherry wood has many other uses besides furniture building too; musical instruments like guitars are often made from cherry wood due to their tone quality and resonance capabilities.
Check out this link for Cherry guitar body blanks
- Despite being Hardwood, Cherry wood is very easy to turn and curve. Due to its accurate density desired shapes can be given by using small carving tools.
Click here for Cherry turning blanks
Pros and Cons of Cherry tree
Cherry wood is renowned for its beautiful color, delicate texture, and lasting appeal. Over time, the natural shade of brown deepens to a rich red-brown that only further accentuates its timeless beauty.
Cherry wood is an excellent choice for both indoor and outdoor furniture, providing superior stability in any setting. However, to ensure lasting protection from the elements when used outdoors, a suitable finish should be applied first by professionals.
Cherry wood offers a unique advantage for those working with hardwoods: its grain is uniform and straight, making it far easier to work than other woods whose grains can be more challenging.
Though, Cherry wood is expensive because its aesthetic appearance. But it is more expensive when compared to other hardwoods.
Cherry wood is not friendly for beginners for staining, without proper guidance, it may destroy the Cherry tree.
Cherry wood is the perfect wood for anyone looking for an exotic type of wood that is not only hardy but also has beautiful color variations. If you are looking for a unique piece of furniture or a one-of-a-kind gift, cherry wood is a perfect choice.
Take a look at these Cherry wood productsBe sure to check out Exotic Wood Zone for all your exotic wood needs!