Gifts are unique and interesting, some gifts are precious to behold for a lifetime. The hybrid pen is a classy gift for your loved ones. The interesting color pattern of hybrid pen blanks is an attractive choice among pen makers or woodworkers.
Hybrid Pen Blanks Story
Get the best out of worthless wood piece; it’s a simple logic that connects woodworkers and wood. Hybrid blanks are usually swirling resins that combine with worthless wood or exotic burls. This combination gives some colorful and mesmerizing pen blanks that turn into a beautiful pen. Few hybrid blanks encourage handmade pen making process because of its high quality and classy pattern.
Hybrid wood blanks are usually available as stabilized wood that easily cast into the resin. These blanks are not just limited in the construction of pens, but some beautiful and ravishing knife-handles, key chain models, and other accessories.
Check out the popular hybrid pen blanks available in the USA
Red Mallee Burl
Red Mallee burl is a common hybrid turning blanks available in the USA. It’s an Australian species with dozens of varieties. The Red Mallee burl is popular for producing burl growths that can be easily obtained without cutting the tree. They usually appear in cap form, later turned into your desired shape.
Why Australian Red Mallee is a good hybrid pen blank?
- The incredible color and figure make it the first choice among hybrid pen makers. A unique combination of red, pink and violet heartwood with soothing white sapwood looks great on pens.
- The burl eyes and unique grain pattern attracts woodworkers from all over the world.
- The wood turns out well and yields a smooth, durable product with a light sanding.
- Apart from pen blanks, it’s a great choice in the manufacturing of bowls, hollow vessels, candle bases, knife handles, and bottle stoppers.
- Get premium stabilized wood from top wood manufacturers in the USA that meets up with your design trends.
Brown Mallee Burl
Brown Mallee is a popular hybrid wood blank available in the USA. The Brown Mallee burl is popular for producing burl growths that can be easily harvested without cutting down the tree. It’s a common burl choice in Australia with dozens of varieties. The brown mallee burl caps are incredible species that easily cast into the acrylic resins.
Why Australian Brown Mallee is a good hybrid pen blank?
- The Australian timber has an interesting color pattern with a unique mix of golden brown heartwood and contrasting white sapwood.
- The burl has dense features and easily turns into a durable product with a light sanding.
- The burl eyes may develop some small incursions. These incursions are filled with epoxy or a mixture of epoxy and other minerals.
- These hybrid blanks look great with vibrant colors and excellent grain pattern.
- According to the nature of the wood movement, it may undergo shrinkage or expansion.
- These hybrid blanks are excellent for turning bowls, boxes, knives, spindles, and other fine particles.
Maple burl hybrid pen blanks
Maple burl is a stylish choice among pen makers. It’s a growth that occurs on the big leaf maple tree. The burl has a uniform color pattern with a dramatic grain pattern and large eyes.
Why Maple burl is a good hybrid wood blank?
- Maple burl is popular among people who would love to make handmade or custom pen models.
- The color range is pretty exciting with a pale, pinkish-brown tint. The stabilized pen blanks look even more stunning with blue and brown shades.
- The wood has a fine texture and a closed grain pattern.
- The Maple hybrid blanks are excellent for turning bowls, knives, and other fine articles too.
Apart from the above listed; there are plenty of hybrid pen blanks available in the USA. Each hybrid blank looks different and unique with a mind-blowing color pattern. Get stabilized hybrid blanks, these blanks easily cast into the resin. Woodworkers try out some hand-made custom works to improve their final pen style. Hybrid pen making is a popular choice among woodworkers and gift makers. Get striking hybrid turning blanks at affordable rates. Purchase and craft your very own stylish pens!