Buy Olivewood Turning Wood Blanks/ Pool Cue Blanks/ Spindle Blanks/ Gun Knife Scales With Free Shipping.
- It’s a favorite wood for turning and carving.
- This hardwood has a decorative grain pattern with a distinctive fragrance.
- Easy to work. The wood glues and finishes well.
- Turns superbly.
- The strong and durable nature with attractive deep brown color makes the wood costly. Also, It’s a good choice for pen blanks!!
- These woodturning blanks can be used in a lathe to build your dream woodworking designs. The turning blanks can be used to make spindles, table, or other furniture legs, and also for other small turnings of your desires.
- Favored for Woodturnings, Wood Projects, Custom Pool Cues, Gun Knife Scales, Bottle Stoppers, Handles, fine furniture and cabinetry, inlays, and musical instruments, turnings, and other small specialty objects.
- Scientific Name: Olea spp. (Olea europaea, O. capensis).
- Common Name(s): Olive, Olive Wood.
- AIR DRIED FOR MORE THAN ONE YEAR, MOISTER CONTENT: 18%
- This Turning Blanks for woodturnings is supplied by the Exotic Wood Zone which has a collection of some of the finest exotic wood products. Our products are defect-free and we guarantee 100% product satisfaction. We are happy to answer your queries to serve you better.
- If for any reason you are not happy with your selection we offer a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Turning Blank Specification
- Turning blanks/wood blanks/exotic wood blanks are exotic blanks that are used for wood turning to create an outstanding product such as bowls, burls, spindles, or pens.
- Olive wood has a fine uniform texture with moderate natural luster where the grains are straight, interlocked, or wild.
- With fruity scent when being worked, it has easy workability with exceptions when it comes to the interlocked or wild grain. It turns, glues and finishes well.
- Olive Wood has its usage at High-end furniture, veneer, turned objects, and small specialty wood items.
- We are selling varieties of exotic hardwoods with disparate sizes, as shown in the size chart.
- These rare woods are also in distinct combo offers such as 2 pieces combo, 5 pieces combo, 10 pieces combo and can be selected according to your requirement.
- With the help of wood turning lathe or wood lathe and creative woodturning ideas, wooden figures can be made out of these exotic wood.
- Experience the best exotic woods in the world and build your own product with woodturning supplies.
- Browse our other wooden figures of Olive wood such as Pepper Mill Blank, Bottle Stopper Blanks, Pen Blank, and so on.
*Picture is for representational purpose only, you will get a similar product
Moisture Content - 25%
You can choose what size you want.California Proposition 65 Warning
Cancer and Reproductive Harm
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Hi, will the 2" x 2" x 36" olivewood blank be back in stock?
Yes we are expecting the consignment of Olivewood to arrive by March Mid.
So it should be in stock after that.
Thanks for your enquiry!!!
Exotic Wood Zone
Is this from Bethlehem?
Thanks for your enquiry.
Sorry this is not bethlehem Olive wood.
Its olive wood from Italy but definetely not Bethlehem.
1) Are these sizes true sizes?
Yes, these sizes are True. The Measurements that you see are what you will be getting. For example, if it says 2" x 2" x 12” then that's the exact size you will be getting. However, If you ask, it will be planned or jointed. Then the answer is no. It will be rough sawn cut sizes.
2) Are these kiln-dried or air-dried
80 percent of our stock is kiln-dried. The stock that is not kiln dried is East Indian Rosewood, Gaboon Ebony, and Black palm. Leopardwood that's 2” and above is not kiln dried. We normally sell this kiln-dried. But the current stock is not kiln dried.
3) What is Moisture?
Kiln-dried are mostly between 8-10 percent. We are located in St. Louis, Missouri so we have high humidity and hence our moisture is high. Air-dried varies mostly by 12-15 percent.
4) Are these Quarter Cut or Rift sawn or Flat sawn?
This varies. However, 100 percent of our back and sides, neck blanks, and fingerboards are Quarter cut and book matched except Birdseye maple.
5) Are these rough cuts?
Yes, most of our lumber, luthier products, turning blanks, bowl blanks, etc are all rough cut. We do plane body blanks and this option is added when you buy. We do plane them down at no extra cost.
6) Are these Planned or Jointed?
Not planned or jointed. We do this occasionally for customers who don't have access to a planer or jointer at no extra cost.
7) Would you plane this piece?
Yes, we can do this. At this moment we are backed up but in exceptional cases, we can help out. Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
8) Would you joint this for me?
Again we can do this at no extra cost if time permits us. Please email at email@example.com
9) Do you do custom cut?
Yes, we do custom size orders. But there has to be a minimum of $200 order. But again we try our best to help out in other cases if we can.
10) How is board foot calculated?
You take the length x width x thickness and then divide this by 144 (if all measurements are in inches)Here’s an example. A Lumber piece measures 20” wide, 48” long, and 1” thick Then the board feet will be 20 x 48 x 1
11) Why is lumber so expensive?
Even though most of the moisture is removed from lumber, wood is still a dense material. Most of the ground freight carriers built the companies to deliver packages much smaller in dimension and lighter than the weight of lumber. When it comes to lumber due to the sheer size of it, shipping companies charge a lot for shipping. We offer free shipping. That's why you are in good hands as we deal with the shipping companies ourselves and get you the best rate and sell the products at on rate.
12)What kind of lumber do you stock?
Our specialty is hardwood lumber both exotic and domestic except for Basswood.
13)Does Exotic Wood Zone straight line rip and plane their lumber?
We give you the option. We know some people like to work with the most width and thickness possible. If we are not very busy then we do this for free. Please email us with any special requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
We like to keep things simple, and that includes getting your lumber products to you as efficiently as possible. Hence we have added free shipping on 100 percent of products.
14)When will my order ship?
Once we receive your order, we generally start processing it within one business day. From there, the products included in your order will dictate how quickly we can ship them. We’ll keep you updated along the way, and send an email that includes delivery tracking information when your order departs our facility. If you have schedule questions before placing your order, feel free to email us email@example.com and we’ll get them answered. If you want this shipped asap please email us also. If it's not urgent don't do it as someone who needs it shipped as soon as possible will get it delayed.
15) I'm placing a large order. Do you ship via freight?
Yes, we utilize a network of freight shipping companies and are happy to arrange that for you.
16) I live outside of the United States. Will you ship to me?
Yes, we do ship internationally. Please do email us with the shipping cost. International shipping is not free.
17)Can I track my order once it leaves your warehouse?
Yes, once your order is submitted, processed, and leaving our facility, you’ll receive an email notification sharing delivery tracking information.
18)Am I allowed to return a product for a refund?
Yes, we have a 60-day return policy we pay for return shipping and we don't charge restocking fees. This is the best guarantee offered by us because we believe our customers need the best treatment and best pricing.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device